This delicious drink is also rich in essential fatty acids. It can be enjoyed hot or cold and can also be taken by diabetics.
Soya bean milk drink is highly essential for kids due to its health benefits. Here's how to make it at home.
Utensils You Need
• A pot
• A sieve with handle
• A Cheese/Pap cloth
Ingredients For Soya Bean Milk
• 1 cup Soya beans
• Water - As desired
• Sugar/ Honey - As desired
• Flavor essence - Optional
Directions For Soya Bean Milk
• Firstly, soak the soya bean seeds in water overnight or for 6 hours to soften. Sieve and rinse the seeds with clean water.
• Next, rub the seeds between your hands till the skin comes off. Sieve out the chaff and rinse with clean water several times.
• Now, pour the washed seeds into a blender, add some water and blend till the soya beans paste is smooth.
• Place the sieve with handle on the pot and place the pap sieve cloth within. Gently pour the blended soya bean milk into the pap sieve.
• Squeeze the soya bean milk filterate into the pot. The chaff can be reused by placing in the blender again with water. Blend and squeeze till all the milk is extracted.
• Place the pot with the filtered soya bean milk on fire and cook on low heat for about 15-20 minutes till it starts boiling.
• While it cooks, keep stirring because it has the tendency to curdle if you don't. Sieve once more to remove the insoluble soya pulp fiber and leave to cool.
• Now, add your sugar, flavor essence and mix properly. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold with buns, chin chin, puff puff or doughnuts. Enjoy!