It is so easy to make and a great way to make use of over ripe plantains in the kitchen. It is usually confused with akara or yam puffs (ojojo) because of their similarities in shape.
Ingredients For Plantain Mosa
• 1 ripe plantain (usually over ripe ones)
• 1 raw egg (break egg an set aside)
• 2 tablespoonful Flour
• Ground red chilli pepper (to taste)
• Salt to taste
• Vegetable oil for frying
Directions For Plantain Mosa
• Cut and peel the plantain. Mash thoroughly in a bowl and add the egg, flour, salt and pepper. Mix properly until all ingredients are well combined.
• Heat up the oil on medium heat until hot. Using a tablespoon, scoop the plantain mixture into hot oil and deep fry each side of the Mosa for 2 minutes or until both sides are brown.
• Transfer the Mosa to a sieve lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil. That's it, your Plantain Mosa is ready.
• Plantain Mosa can be eaten alone as a snack or taken with Ogi (pap) or custard. Enjoy!